To provide a clearer picture of small-scale installations in Australia, the Clean Energy Regulator has moved to quarterly publications of Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme installation and capacity data.
Our first ever Small-scale renewable energy tracker is now available on our Renewable Energy Target media resources page. It provides a snapshot of some of the data captured under Small-scale Renewable Energy Scheme, including trends and developments in each state and territory and high-resolution infographics.
There were 50,592 small-scale systems installed nationally in the first quarter of 2018, with a total capacity of 259,889 kW.
Please note, the Clean Energy Regulator’s postcode data for small-scale installations will continue to be updated monthly. This resource provides more detailed information for small-scale installations across every postcode in Australia.
- There were 50,592 small-scale systems installed nationally in Quarter 1 2018, with a total capacity of 259,889 kW.
- Queensland continues to have the highest level of small-scale installations across Australia with 12,286 installed so far in Quarter 1 2018.
- Queensland had the highest number of commercial sized solar PV systems (10-100kW) installed in Quarter 1 2018, with 879 systems installed.
- There were 3084 commercial sized solar PV systems (10-100kW) installed Australia-wide in Quarter 1 2018.
- There were 909 solar PV systems that had a concurrent battery storage installation in Quarter 1 2018.