Two new wind farms in the state of Victoria are now up and running, less than a year after construction began in March 2018.
Two new wind farms in the state of Victoria are now up and running, less than a year after construction began in March 2018. The two farms, delivered by global renewable energy developer, service provider and wholesaler, BayWa r.e. are located at Timboon West and Yawong.
The project sites are amongst the windiest in the state of Victoria and each consist of two Vestas V126 3.6 MW turbines, stretching up to 150m tall at the tip of the blade.
Together, the wind farms represent the next stage of BayWa r.e.’s wind energy plans in Australia, and with a capacity of 14.4MW will produce enough clean energy to power 9,000 Australian homes.
David Shapero, Managing Director of BayWa r.e. Wind Pty Ltd, said “We’re thrilled to have the first wind farms in our project pipeline for Australia fully operational and generating renewable energy in such a short space of time.”
“Honouring our commitment to work with local communities wherever we operate, the projects will help to support an agricultural education programme at the Timboon P – 12 School and will help provide the local Charlton Lions Club with a community car for transporting people in need to medical appointments.”
The wind farms will be sold together with 15-year O&M contracts with Vestas in place, and PPAs secured to sell 100% of the power to Alinta Energy.
BayWa r.e. will continue to be part of the projects as it provides ongoing commercial and technical management of the wind farms through its team in Melbourne.
With three further wind farms expected to be fully operational by Summer 2020, this is just the start of BayWa r.e’s future plans for wind energy in Australia. Ferguson and Diapur Wind Farms and the Jung Wind and Solar Hybrid project are all on track for construction to commence this year.
BayWa r.e. renewable energy GmbH (BayWa r.e.):
Across solar and wind, at BayWa r.e we r.e. think energy – how it is produced, stored and best used.
We are a leading global developer, service supplier, wholesaler and energy solutions provider.
We deliver renewable energy solutions worldwide, and have brought 2 GW of energy online, while managing 5 GW of assets.
BayWa r.e is a leading supplier to the solar wholesale market. We also have a rapidly growing energy trading business.
Part of the €16 billion BayWa Group, every day we are working hard to find new solutions, push technological boundaries and actively shape the future of energy.
- New solar tool shows daily, time-based forecast for each stateby Sophie Vorrath on 16 May 2019 at 2:57 PM
- South Australia council to save more than $80k a year with solarby Sophie Vorrath on 16 May 2019 at 2:44 PM
- Melbourne shopping centre halves grid consumption with 1MW solar arrayby Michael Mazengarb on 16 May 2019 at 11:15 AM
- Kia electric Niro named “gamechanger” in UK car awardby Bridie Schmidt on 17 May 2019 at 12:56 PM
- Tesla bags Maxwell batteries, slashes costs as Model 3 customers click and waitby Bridie Schmidt on 17 May 2019 at 12:47 PM
- Tesla Roadster takes on gas-guzzlers in remote Targa race on election weekendby Bridie Schmidt on 17 May 2019 at 11:37 AM