The NSW Independent Planning Commission has approved with conditions, changes to the state planning approval for the Yass Valley (Coppabella) Wind Farm in the NSW Southern Tablelands
The NSW Independent Planning Commission has approved with conditions, changes to the state planning approval for the Yass Valley (Coppabella) Wind Farm in the NSW Southern Tablelands.
Last year the project was renamed Coppabella Wind Farm to better reflect its geographic location.
Goldwind Development Manager for the project, Tom Nielsen, said Goldwind is pleased to see the project move a step closer to construction.
‘All state and national planning approvals have been secured for the modified Coppabella Wind Farm and it is now being prepared for construction to commence in 2019.
‘Earlier this year the project received Federal Government approval under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (EPBC Act).
‘Changes to the original planning approval were required to enable optimum development, efficient operation and, competitively priced power to be provided into the National Electricity Market.
‘The Balance of Plant tender process for the full civil and electrical works for the wind farm is in it’s final stages and the Coppabella Wind Farm Local Business Participation Program is underway.
‘This Program will be a key initiative to identify capability and capacity in the local community and maximise opportunities for local subcontractors and suppliers to participate in the project. This program has proven successful for Goldwind projects currently under construction in Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania.’ commented Tom.
The project, located 30km west of Yass, will have up to 200 jobs on site during construction and up to 15 permanent staff during operations.
Once operational, the wind farm production will power around 120,000 NSW homes each year.
- Western Power to add another 100 stand-alone solar and battery systemsby Sophie Vorrath on 25 February 2020 at 6:40 PM
- Energy efficiency, the construction sector, and a uniquely Australian just transitionby Gill Owen Essay Prize on 25 February 2020 at 2:24 PM
- RACV Solar teams with Enphase in major rooftop PV rebootby Sophie Vorrath on 25 February 2020 at 1:26 PM
- Volvo’s Polestar challenges Mad Max future with “serene” new EV conceptby Bridie Schmidt on 26 February 2020 at 1:04 PM
- First Australian-built electric aircraft prepare for take offby Belinda Willis on 26 February 2020 at 12:12 PM
- World’s biggest electric dump truck to start testing in Africaby Joshua S. Hill on 26 February 2020 at 10:49 AM