The NSW Independent Planning Commission has approved with conditions, changes to the state planning approval for the Yass Valley (Coppabella) Wind Farm in the NSW Southern Tablelands
The NSW Independent Planning Commission has approved with conditions, changes to the state planning approval for the Yass Valley (Coppabella) Wind Farm in the NSW Southern Tablelands.
Last year the project was renamed Coppabella Wind Farm to better reflect its geographic location.
Goldwind Development Manager for the project, Tom Nielsen, said Goldwind is pleased to see the project move a step closer to construction.
‘All state and national planning approvals have been secured for the modified Coppabella Wind Farm and it is now being prepared for construction to commence in 2019.
‘Earlier this year the project received Federal Government approval under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (EPBC Act).
‘Changes to the original planning approval were required to enable optimum development, efficient operation and, competitively priced power to be provided into the National Electricity Market.
‘The Balance of Plant tender process for the full civil and electrical works for the wind farm is in it’s final stages and the Coppabella Wind Farm Local Business Participation Program is underway.
‘This Program will be a key initiative to identify capability and capacity in the local community and maximise opportunities for local subcontractors and suppliers to participate in the project. This program has proven successful for Goldwind projects currently under construction in Victoria, New South Wales and Tasmania.’ commented Tom.
The project, located 30km west of Yass, will have up to 200 jobs on site during construction and up to 15 permanent staff during operations.
Once operational, the wind farm production will power around 120,000 NSW homes each year.
- Sonnen launches battery and solar fixed price energy deal in Victoriaby Sophie Vorrath on 24 May 2019 at 8:48 AM
- OpenSolar launches free online tool for Australian rooftop PV retailersby Nigel Morris on 23 May 2019 at 10:55 AM
- Vauxhall releases official specs and photos of Corsa-e electric hatchbackby Bridie Schmidt on 24 May 2019 at 12:53 PM
- World’s largest charging station in Shenzhen powers all-electric taxi fleetby Bridie Schmidt on 24 May 2019 at 11:37 AM
- Australia’s first fully electric rubbish trucks clean up in Caseyby Bridie Schmidt on 24 May 2019 at 11:29 AM