Fancy new solar cell materials like perovskites and graphene aside, good old silicon is still the gold standard for solar cell efficiency in the marketplace
Billionaire US businessman Philip Anschutz could be the proud owner of two 500-turbine wind farms in a place called Carbon County.
GE has been quietly working on a radical new wind turbine design for a good two years, and now we can see why it’s been playing it close to the vest.
The startup Vortex Bladeless is developing a bladeless micro wind turbine, like a super-long popsicle stick only rounder.
Dow Chemical joins other corporate leaders in choosing wind energy over gas for a Texas manufacturing plant.
1366 Technologies will pair up with Hanwha Q Cells in a partnership that will “dramatically” reduce the cost of manufacturing solar cells.
Apple is spending €1.7bn on two new data centers in Ireland and Denmark, each run entirely on renewable energy, and will test wind storage systems.
imitless solar energy is at our fingertips, and yet the US is still hovering right around the 1% penetration mark. The other 99% could come around sooner rather than later thanks to a new solar energy “hackathon” sponsored by US energy department>
Oil companies in the US have been retrenching as the market goes into free-fall, and the survivors will face some stiff — and unprecedented — competition.
The fight over wind energy has become something of a new American holiday ritual around this time of year, and now the stakes are higher than ever.